Welcome to the Community Diabetes Education Program of OttawaOne of Ottawa's best kept secrets. Since 1999 registered nurses and dietitians provide information and support to adults with type 2 diabetes. Family members are always welcome.
Individuals wanting services can be seen in their community in the language of their choice. All services are based on “best practices” following the most current knowledge and evidence. Sessions are available during the day or evening across the City.
- Prediabetes and diabetes groups
- Individual consultations with nurse and/or dietitian
- Insulin starts (in partnership with family physicians and specialists)
- Follow-up/Refresher groups and Living with Insulin groups
- Chiropody/Footcare Services
- Grocery store tours by our Registered Dietitians
* Client comment: “I have acquired a wealth of crucial knowledge and skills, and as a result, we are getting better and better at keeping….diabetes under control.”
Please fill out the ONLINE SELF REFERRAL Form or CALL 613-233-6655 TO REGISTER
The Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and managed at Centretown Community Health Centre on behalf of the Coalition of Community Health and Resource Centres, and works in partnership with family physicians and specialists and with the Champlain Local Health Integration Network, the Champlain Regional Diabetes Network and the Diabetes Regional Coordinating Centre.